1. The Promoter of this Draw is the Aghamore Community Development Company Limited by Guarantee with its registered office address c/o Gerard Tarpey, Lismegan, Aghamore, Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo (CRO No. 330990)(hereinafter referred to as “the Promoter”) and is a registered charity (Charity Register Number. 20056698 / CHY 16011)
2. The Draw will be organized and overseen on behalf of the Promoter by a specially selected Steering Committee (Hereinafter referred to as the Steering Committee).
3. The Terms and conditions herein set out are at all times governed by the Laws of Ireland.
4. The purpose of the Competition is:
(i) To raise funds towards the completion of the Aghamore Integrated Community Campus Project and any debts or financial obligations created in relation to same.
(ii)To provide up to a maximum of €50,000 donation to Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation (CRO No. 231955) (hereinafter referred to as “the Nominated Charity”) on achieving ticket sales of 7,995 entries permitted to assist with their provision of services to children with severe illnesses and their families.
5. The organisers of the Draw shall not derive any personal profit from the Draw.
6. The Draw is not being conducted for any purpose connected with gaming, wagering or lotteries.
7. Entry is open to all natural persons worldwide, aged 18 years and over. However, the House Prize will only be delivered to addresses in the Republic of Ireland. If the prize winner is not a resident of the Republic of Ireland and does not wish to place the home on a site in the Republic of Ireland, they will be offered the appropriate monetary prize in lieu as outlined herein in the remaining terms and conditions.
8. Entrants must be over 18 years of age to take part in the Draw. Entries purchased by or for persons under the age of 18 will be declared null and void and shall not be included nor deemed to be included in the draw. Any such entry entered in the draw will be declared to be invalid and another winning entry will be drawn in its place.
9. By entering into the draw the entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions as set out herein
10. Members of the Steering Committee and their immediate families, The employees of the Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation, The management and staff of Big Red Barn Ltd., and the independent adjudicator are prohibited from entering the Draw.
11. The prize for the winner of this Draw shall be an Irish Cottage Style Modular Home provided by Big Red Barn Ltd with a current retail value up to a maximum of €150,000 (hereinafter and hereinbefore referred to as “the House Prize).
12. The Promoter reserves the right to add additional prizes to the Draw. The addition of any such prizes will be notified on the Draw website www.housedraw.ie and on the Promoter’s Facebook page as soon as practicable
13. A cash alternative to the House Prize of a reduced value will be offered as outlined in and subject to terms and conditions of the Draw as published herein.
14. The maximum number of entries in the Competition will be capped at 7,995.
15. 2,500 early bird tickets will be available at €65 each until sold out or until midnight on Saturday 31st July 2021, whichever comes first.
16. The remaining tickets will be sold at €75 each. From time to time the promotor may exercise “Special offers” and reduced ticket costs as part of on-going marketing campaigns.
17. Tickets will be available to purchase online at www.housedraw.ie or via the link on Big Red Barn website and Facebook page, Aghamore Community Development CLG. Facebook page and The Jack and Jill Childrens Foundation website and Facebook page
18. There is no limit to the number of times an individual may enter the competition. Each entry will attract the relevant fee.
19. You may buy a ticket as a gift for an individual so long as that person is over 18 years of age and not in any of the excluded categories. You must put the name and contact details of the recipient of the gift down as the ticket holder. Only the name and contact details appearing on the entry ticket will be deemed the winner on the selection of tickets from the draw.
20. Once purchased no refunds shall be made except in the case of the cancellation of the draw.
21. On receipt of an order the Steering Committee will issue an eMail receipt containing a unique entry number(s) for each ticket purchased.
22. The closing date for receipt of completed entries shall be noon (12pm) on 1st January 2022 or until the maximum number of ticket sales has been reached (hereinafter referred to as “the Closing Date”).
23. The prizewinning entry will be drawn on or before 1st January 2022. However, if all the tickets have been sold out at an earlier date the Promotor reserves the right to bring forward the draw date. This will be advertised on www.housedraw.ie
24. The prizewinning draw will be held in the Aghamore Community Amenities Centre, Aghamore, Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo subject to any governmental restrictions in being at that time.
25. All valid entries will be entered into a draw and one ticket will be selected and the prize will be awarded to the person whose details are recorded on that ticket.
26. The prize is not transferrable and will be awarded only to the named ticket holder.
27. The prizewinning draw will be supervised by an independent adjudicator. The name and address of the adjudicator shall be identified on www.housedraw.ie no less than 14 days prior to the draw taking place.
28. The prize winner will be notified by email and/or telephone within 28 days of the draw taking place; provided those details have been recorded on the winning ticket. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within 14 days of notification the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and select an alternative winner. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the validity of the information as recorded on the tickets for entry into the Draw. It is the responsibility of the entrant to correctly and legibly record all contact details on the entry ticket.
29. The prize winner may be subject to verification by the Promoter and this process may take up to 7 days to complete once the winner has claimed their prize.
30. All prize winners will be permitted to select the option of a monetary prize in lieu of the House Prize subject to the conditions below.
(a) Strictly on the condition that all 7,995 tickets are sold the monetary value of the home will be deemed to be €80,000.
31. In the event of the value of ticket sales being less than €195,000 by the Closing Date, the House Prize will not be available as part of the within Draw. In this event, the Promoter shall divide the collected funds as follows: After costs and expenses (estimated to be not more than €10,000) have been paid in full, 35% of the remaining monies shall be paid to the prize winner and 20% of the subsequent residue will be donated to the Nominated Charity. All remaining monies collected will remain with the Promoter.
32. In the event of the house draw going ahead and following the official presentation to the prize winner, the winner will be deemed to have a credit to the value of €150,000 with Big Red Barn Limited. Thereafter, the prize winner will deal directly with Big Red Barn Limited for the provision of a house to that value. Again all matters relating to the selection and dealings with Big Red Barn Limited are a matter for the prize winner of the House Prize and responsibility and liability on behalf of the Promoter and the Steering Committee is hereby specifically excluded.
33. Following the draw and subject to the terms and conditions herein set out the winner will be required to deal directly with Big Red Barn Ltd. themselves in the selection and provision of the house. The Promoter or the Steering Committee will have no further role in the delivery of the prize. All matters relating to the selection and dealings with Big Red Barn Limited are a matter for the prize winner of the House and responsibility and liability on behalf of the Promoter is hereby specifically excluded.
34. The prize winner may choose a house to a value greater than the value as set out in Clause 36 provided any excess above the €150,000 value is paid by the prize winner.
35. In the instance where a house to a value lesser than the value as set out in Clause 36 is chosen by the winner, no cash refund or credit will be payable or granted to the prize winner in this instance.
36. The prize winner shall have the option to adapt or modify the house for their own needs in consultation with the Big Red Barn Ltd. team but should be aware that changes or alterations may attract additional costs. The Promoters and the Steering Committee will not be liable for any costs whatsoever incurred in this regard
37. The winner will be subject to the terms of the contract entered into with Big Red Barn Ltd.
38. The winner shall be responsible for all or any legal costs in the Transfer of the House to include the legal fees of their solicitor, stamp duty, registration expenses, and any and all other related outlays and expenses.
39.The Promoter and the Steering Committee shall not be liable for any taxes or charges or liabilities of any sort incurred by the prize winner resulting from the acceptance of a prize under the terms and conditions of this Draw.
40. The Promoter and the Steering Committee shall not be liable for any taxes or charges or liabilities of any sort incurred by the prize winner resulting from the acceptance of a prize under the terms and conditions of this Draw.
41. All matters relating to planning laws and necessary approvals from the relevant planning authorities are a matter for the prize winner of the House Prize. All matters relating to the provision of relevant services (water connections, electricity, sewage, gas, foundations, etc.)are a matter for the prize winner. The Promoters and Steering Committee shall not be held responsible or liable for any expenses or charges incurred by the winner in this regard. The Promoter and the Steering Committee make no assurances in relation to the eligibility of the prize winner of the House Prize in relation to planning laws.
42. The winner will be responsible for the costs associated with the fit-out of the property once completed and does so without any recourse to the Promoters and the Steering Committee.
43. The Promoter and the Steering Committee and any of its servants, agents, licencees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Draw of whatsoever nature or howsoever appointed shall not be liable to Draw entrants for any loss, inconvenience, damage or expense suffered as a consequence of their participation in this Draw.
44. The Promoter and the Steering Committee, servants, agents, Licencees, trustees, committee members, or organisers of the Draw shall not be liable for any failure in the performance of its obligations due to factors beyond its and/or their control.
45. In order to satisfy the requirements of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) any data collected to facilitate the Draw will not be shared with any third party except those necessary to facilitate the successful running of the Draw. Each and every entrant to the Draw consents to the sharing of his/her information in that express situation. The Promoter will retain and use each and every entrants personal data for the duration of the Draw and for a reasonable period thereafter. The winner hereby agrees and consents to his or her personal data being released to relevant third parties to effect the transfer of the prize to him or her.
46. The winner will not be obliged to appear in publicity photographs. However, the Promoter would be grateful if they did so, in order to provide verification of the Draw having taken place and a winner having been selected and a prize presented.
47. The Promoter reserves the right to alter or change the date of the Draw for any reason whatsoever and in setting an alternative date will notify entrants as soon as practicable in respect thereof by publishing a notice in this regard on www.housedraw.ie
48. The Promoter reserves the right at all times to amend the Draw and the Terms and Conditions herein set out. The Promoter also reserves the right to cancel this Draw for any reason whatsoever. The cancellation or any change to the Draw or these Terms or Conditions will be notified to entrants as soon as practicable in respect thereof.
49. In entering the Draw entrants consent and agree to be bound by the said amendments.
50. The Promoter’s decision in respect of the winner and all or any other matters connected with this Draw is final
51. Errors and Ommissions Excepted the Promoter, the Steering Committee, its servants, agents, licencees, trustees, committee members, or the organisers of the Draw accepts no responsibility whatsoever whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission, interception or communications failure for unreceived, late, missing, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected claims, entries, applications or otherwise.